I do not advise getting three vaccines at the same time, I’m just saying. I still don’t feel all that great after getting one earlier in the week. (I have mostly already not been feeling that great due to the entire, “I am a ball of stress and people seemed determined to drive me out of my goddamn mind,” thing that has been happening for the past YEAR.”)
I got Covid and Flu in one arm, and Hepatitus B in the other. Normally I do not experience much in the way of grogginess/crud from vaccines, not even from taking two vaccines. Three at once, however, appears to be the point where my immune system says, “f-you, if you’re going to make us work under these conditions.” So I was conked out for pretty much the entire week!
I am sorry for not being able to keep up with writing here, but I have had a very bad year and I’m currently attempting to fundraise getting out of state. I have been going back and forth with the new leasing company that manages my complex over how much I’m supposed to be paying and the reason why there is apparently an extra thousand or so dollars on my account and if I’m responsible for the late fees or not.
Meanwhile, I can’t get a hold of the people managing my housing voucher most of the time, and when I do get a hold of them, they either tell me I am responsible for anything the landlord says I am, or that I don’t owe them after all. (Most recently, I was told that an appointment that my case manager arranged with them was never scheduled. I called my case manager to confirm, and he said that yes, he did in fact schedule an appointment he’ll be taking me to Monday.)
Below is the update for my GoFundMe
Donate to Help Me Move from AZ to MN for Better Support, organized by Rena McGee
I have gotten most of the things I will be needing for the trip: winter clothes, coats, luggage, storage stuff to keep everything organized, and so on. I also got new sewing supplies (I was almost out) and bike tools and other necessary maintenance gear. When I thought I was going to be able to sublet from a friend (which it turned out was not gonna happen) I also got a printer! (I have been needing a printer. So many online things expect you to be able to print…)
This plan falling through and also the very real risk of not being able to pay over the necessary length of time it might take to find housing, I decided it would be best to cancel the POD I was originally going to rent. (Also, the apartment manager said she didn’t want a huge shed in her parking lot.)
Next big-ticket costs are going to be a) getting new tires for the e-bike b) paying to have the e-bike disassembled c) getting packaging for the bike and the bike battery (I did get a storage bag for the battery, but it’s not packing material.) d) packaging and shipping the bike, bike battery and printer.
My scheduled leave-date is the first week of November. I am filled with excitement and also a considerable amount of trepidation because this is the biggest move I’ve made. (Sister will be with me to assist, but still.)
Thanks to everyone who has been able to donate so far, or helped with signalboosting!

Leave a comment